Adriana Benjumea Rua
"The best way to eradicate sexual violence is to never get tired of mentioning it."
– My fight for women’s rights began more than 10 years ago.
– Working with victims of sexual violence has its moments of hopefulness as well as hopelessness. There’s no respond on behalf of the government nor of society when it comes to the tragedy that women and young girls have gone through.
– But I believe in what I do and I believe that there’s hope. That female victims can retake their life is what gives us the strength to keep going.
– The best way to eradicate sexual violence is to never get tired of mentioning it.
– The patriarchy has been very intelligent; all the time it tells us that we’ve made it, that we want it all, that “everything” is assault. One way of tearing this apart is to never keep quiet and not to get tired of denouncing.
– While it is true that there are cultural differences, the fight is the same everywhere; it is against the patriarchy that is hidden under every single rock found on the surface of Earth and it must be crushed.
Corporación Humanas er en av FOKUS’ partnerorganisasjoner i Colombia, hvor FOKUS jobber for å styrke kvinners deltakelse og innflytelse i fredsprosessene, bedre kvinners seksuelle og reproduktive helse og rettigheter og bekjempe menneskehandel.